Tuesday, December 14, 2010

New Microsoft Tablets Will Take Aim At The iPad


I'm skeptical that Apple will succeed in a big way in the business world. IT people are usually over worked and under appreciate­d which makes them hostile to change. Most shops can accomodate­Windows, Linux, and Unix but I think IT people will fight very hard to keep Apple out. I also think the arguments for the iPad start to deminish when you move from the consumer world to business. With consumers ease of use is paramont. That's why I went back to Apple for my personal use. I got fed up with the maintenanc­e associated with Windows when I didn't have an IT person to call on and had to figure it out myself. But for the business world that is switched. What is most important is conformity and price. You can train users and you can also constrain what they do. In fact to some extent for most users you WANT to constrain what they do.



The Mercedes example to me only shows the "exception that proves the rule". For a high-end product like that having sales people with an iPad will add extra status and the price of the iPad is trivial compared to the commission on even one sale. That's not the case for most kinds of sales.



BTW, I hope I'm wrong. I've just had a lot of bad experience­s trying to get Apple used in even small ways in various IT shops so my experience tells me its going to be a tough sell.
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

No comments:

Post a Comment