Friday, September 17, 2010

Towards A Just Communications System: Pacifica Radio and the Never-Ending Battle

I was very involved in the Pacifica conflict many years ago. When it seemed that the board led by Mary Frances Berry might sell off some of the stations. i donated money, went to fund raisers, wrote letters. Then we actually won and I was ecstatic. And then... It all seems to have degenerated into various factions arguing who can be more politically correct. There are IMO just too many people who can't let go of their identity politics issues and focus on stuff that really matters. I still listen to Pacifica in my car but all the shows I really care about: Democracy Now, Michio Kaku, I get on podcasts. I fear Pacifica has become mostly irrelevant. I hope I'm wrong.
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

No comments:

Post a Comment