Tuesday, September 14, 2010

UFOs 'On The Record': Original Drawings From Eyewitness Accounts (PHOTOS)


"I really don't understand why people are so opposed to the idea that aliens could be visiting Earth"



I'm not opposed to it. I think it would be amazing. What I'm opposed to is sloppy reasoning. I don't plan on reading the book because I already have read several books on UFO's and they all are pretty much the same. Very unscientific. They remind me of a lot of 9/11 Truth Movement books, they start out with something they believe to be true and then cherry pick information and reject any alternative hypothesis. Here is a template for a particular type of reasoning I've seen hundreds of times in Truth Movement and UFO books:



"The government is not telling the truth in situation X, thus situation X proves that [UFO/controlled demolition/missile hit the pentagon] happened and that the government is covering it up.



Ignoring the fact that there ALL KINDS of reasons that governments lie and withhold evidence. For example to hide incompetence, to hide some secret aircraft, to hide info about a nuclear test,...
About Bestsellers
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

No comments:

Post a Comment