Monday, February 14, 2011

Justice Thomas Keeps 5-Year Silence


i can't quote numbers it was so long ago. But I know that there were many liberals (more whites than blacks) that were afraid to challenge him too strongly because he was black.



Its a complex issue. On the one hand I think every candidate should be judged only on their qualificat­ions never on their race, gender, or anything else. On the other hand I realize that its insane to have a court dominated by white men.



I guess my main point is that liberals should be careful about identity politics. Its very easy for the right to turn it around and use it to get unqualifie­d lackeys into key positions: Thomas, Condaleeza Rice, Alberto Gonzalez, etc.
About Supreme Court
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

No comments:

Post a Comment