Monday, February 14, 2011

'Atlas Shrugged' Movie, Adaptation Of Ayn Rand Book, Has First Trailer Released (VIDEO)


"telling evidence of the left's intoleranc­­e of dissent (burn her books! she's utter trash etc)."



Can you link to the specific comments where people say this? I haven't read every comment so its possible I missed it but I haven't seen comments like that. Most of the people are more mocking Rand than viifying her.



"the highly intelligen­­t and creative Rand was a successful novelist, philosophe­­r, essayist, "

She really wasn't. I studied philosophy for a while including at Stanford University­, home of the very conservati­ve Hoover Institute and I never met a philosophe­r at Stanford or at U of I (where I studied earlier) or read any serious academic philosophe­r that took her seriously. And the same goes for English teachers and critics. Her writing is pretty much considered a joke by most scholarly people, even most of those on the right. But she stays popular due to the attention she gets from the popular right wing press, Fox, Newt Gingrich, etc.



"so burn her books"

Again, I don't see anyone saying that or if you can find one or two remember this is the Internet and there are always foolish people on both sides of the spectrum. I would never advocate burning any book nor would anyone I know or anyone I've read about on the left. In Rand's case I think she's a good example of how terrible writing can be kept alive if it fits the narrative of the corporate class.
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

No comments:

Post a Comment